Thursday, May 2, 2013

Do Over


April 6th
First day of the new 2013 golf season and I never thought the day would have turned out the way it did. I was on the 3rd hole, which was a short par 3 playing about 170 yards. I hit a 4 iron a bit short and just chipped on to the green. The next thing I know ... I'm having a stroke, actually an Aortic Aneurysm. I'm only 58- I thought this only happened to older guys!

The guys I'm playing with- Steve, Gary, and George- load me up in a golf cart and take me back to the clubhouse. An ambulance is called and Steve calls my wife, Helen, to tell her the news.

At the end of the day, if I hadn't been playing golf with my buddies, my wife didn't make a phone call to Dr. Poon, and my surgeon, Dr. Gupta, wasn't at the top of his game - I'd be a statistic. Thanks to all my angels! Also, apologies for scaring the bejesus out of my kids, Jess and Jenna, and the rest of my family and friends.

It's been just about a month of healing time, but I am on the mend. More to come... in the meantime, I'm gonna concentrate on my art and my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment